Spirit Week 2021

Students dress up for homecoming week 2020

Beverly

It’s that time of the year again: homecoming season! This year’s theme is Fire & Ice, and the dance is being held at the football stadium here at Lanier. Make sure to buy your tickets soon on GoFan.com! StuCo has also put together an amazing homecoming spirit week that you definitely want to participate in! Each day has a different theme that you can dress up as, and it is a great way to show your school spirit! 

Tourist Tuesday: The first spirit day is Tourist Tuesday where you can dress in Hawaiian shirts, leis, NYC shirts, fanny packs, and anything else you think would look like a  tourist! 

Disney Wednesday: Next up is Disney Wednesday where you can dress up as your favorite Disney character like Winnie the Pooh, Cinderella, Simba, and more! Freshman Kaitlyn Youmans explains her Disney day outfit, saying, “I’m going to wear a Mickey Mouse shirt and leggings. Junior Kris Woodley says he plans to “do my best to dress up as Dr. Facilier. ”I’m personally planning on dressing as Tigger by wearing a Tigger t-shirt, black jeans, and maybe even a tiger headband. 

Twin Thursday: Some students are especially excited about twin day. “I’m so excited for spirit week! I’m already planning on twinning with a friend by wearing matching taco socks and band t-shirts,” says ninth-grader Skyler Gaines. Senior Jose Quintanilla agrees with Skyler, explaining that “my friend and I are going to wear matching bracelets that we got at a Hispanic store.”

Class Colors Friday: Finally, on Friday, dress as much as you can in a school color that is designated for your grade!

• Freshman wear grey
  • Sophomores wear white
  • Juniors wear orange
  • Seniors wear black! 

In the past, students have always loved hoco spirit week, and you really don’t want to miss out! Additionally, Lanier will be having it’s annual Hoco Doco door decorating competition! Teachers can decorate their doors as crazy and creative as they want, in hopes to win the competition against the other teachers. So everyone mark on your calendars that Homecoming Spirit Week is coming up, and get your outfits together so you’re ready for a week of fun!