Introductions to the new teachers at Lanier

In the year 2021, Lanier High School brought in many new teachers to the Lanier herd and I was able to sit and interview a few of our new teachers.
Mrs. Martinez is new to the Lanier Herd and teaches SPED-PID-SC; she enjoys spending time with her family and baking. She tells us that she had found it quite difficult to leave her students at her previous school, but she says that she is blessed to have great colleagues, students, and she loves the family-like community we have here at Lanier. “I feel like I am a part of something special here at Lanier,” says Mrs. Martinez. She stated she feels very supported in her teaching endeavors. And that all in all, she feels she has settled in quite well here with us all thanks to the welcoming atmosphere of Lanier High school.
Ms. Uribe, who graduated from Lanier in 2014 teaches Spanish. She enjoys watching movies as well as reading. She’s been settling in day by day and says that it’s a bit difficult to get used to how things work at different schools. “The administration and staff at Lanier have made the transition a lot easier,” says Ms.Uribe, “they’ve been nothing but helpful and welcoming to me.”
Mr. Morgan, new to the Lanier Herd, teaches Biology. He enjoys being a part of fantasy football and playing video games. He feels that he’s been settling into Lanier quite well, and admits that he’s gotten lost a few times in the halls. “My room is on the 3rd floor, so there aren’t as many directions up here which has made the settling-in process happen much quicker,” says Mr. Morgan. He’s big on setting routines in his life, so it’s taken some time, but he believes that he’s finally found his groove and that he’s very excited to see what this year has in store.
Mr. Canova, a previous teacher in Gwinnett County teaches Physics and enjoys spending his time with his family and having concerts and performances with his kids. He’s big on sports and being outside as well. “Everyone has been very welcoming,” said Mr. Canova. He enjoys working with those in the physics department, and since he previously taught in Gwinnett County schools he feels that the transition of settling in has been a lot easier. He’s thankful for the support he’s received from the administration and other teachers. They have helped him out with understanding the flow of things here at Lanier. He states, “Once I find out the shortcuts to get from one place to another I will be set.”
We are glad to have Mrs. Martinez, Mr. Canova, Mr. Morgan, Ms.Black, Ms.Gainly, Mr.May, Mr.Nemec, Mr.Sepulveda, Mr.Williams, Mr.Wicker, Ms.Wood and Ms. Uribe as new members of the Lanier Herd and hope that the new teachers have good and amazing years ahead of them.