Clubs that look good on a college application

Clubs+board

Jose Quintanilla

Clubs board

Extracurricular clubs can benefit you in different ways. They give you more opportunities in workplaces, at other schools, and at college by improving your social etiquette skills and providing you with more knowledge and experience in different areas. Some clubs just get you out of class to have fun. However, not everyone knows about the opportunities that will present themselves. At Lanier, there are many clubs that students can join that will positively benefit them and their future.

FCCLA
Family Career and Community Leaders of America (FCCLA), founded In 1945, is a technical student organization that focuses on family and building traits that make successful students. FCCLA’s mission is to promote personal growth and leadership development throughout all its members. In the club, they touch subjects on personal family, work, and societal issues through family and consumer science education.
Joining this club can help you by building leadership and interpersonal skills, you can gain recognition, learn employability skills, and have an impact on the community in a positive way. You can even win a scholarship!

HOSA
HOSA was created in 1976 with the idea of providing students with opportunities to develop as healthcare leaders and future healthcare employees. In the words of Aqueelah Ahmad-Harris, the HOSA advisor, “The club operates as an integral component of the health science education curriculum. Through its network of state and local chapters.” She also states, “HOSA provides powerful instructional tools, recognition, leadership, networking, scholarships, and connections to the healthcare industry to thousands of members across the United States.”

Joining these clubs and any other clubs gives you a chance to connect and meet new people that you wouldn’t meet otherwise. Both FCCLA and HOSA’s purpose is to help the community and knowing of their existence is important so you know what is available to you.