What is HOSA?

HOSA members and sponsors aboard their float at the Homecoming parade

HOSA

Most students know about the big clubs at Lanier, like the Environmental club or Stuco, but there are other interesting clubs that are smaller at Lanier as well. HOSA has been around since 1976 and specializes in healthcare science. HOSA has been around for a long time and they help the school by giving students leadership skills and scholarship opportunities. HOSA is run by Mrs. Ahmad-Harris and Mr. Spence. HOSA is expected to give students recognition, powerful tools, and healthcare connections that will help by providing students with opportunities to develop healthcare skills. HOSA wants to spread their word about student healthcare and the importance of it around the school.
Mrs. Ahmad is the club organizer for HOSA and one of the health teachers within the little hallway across from the counselors, in room 107. For this year Emre Downey is the president of HOSA, HOSA is hosted in Mrs. Ahmad’s room where club members and Emre Downey are welcoming new members with wide open arms and big smiles. Downey has said there are about 80 students who joined HOSA this year. Downey has said that joining HOSA would be nice for a medical-based career. Right now the HOSA club is working to get ready for the HOSA’s Fall Leadership Conference at Omni Hotel in Atlanta, Downey says that in March HOSA will be attending the biggest HOSA conference of the year and competing in the Medical Math and HOSA Bowl. Downey says that HOSA isn’t just for people who want to be doctors, but is open to nurses, physicians’ assistants, athletic trainers, social workers, counselors, and many more.