Where will the 2025 mural go?

Lanier%E2%80%99s+Murals

Ashley Kenney

Lanier’s Murals

Every year, a new art piece is added above the lockers next to the 400 hall. It is a student-lead project that adds so much character to the school. The AP Art students yearly come up with entirely new and creative designs to fill each spot. In a few years, it will be nice to look back on the large gallery created over time. There’s only one problem that could arise: there is only so much wall space on the center row of lockers. What will happen once the art area runs out of space? There are exactly three spaces left for class murals. These spots will be taken up by the current senior graduating class (2022) and the junior (2023) and sophomore (2024) classes in the following years. Where will the current freshmen (2025) and future classes put their murals?

In an interview with AP Art teacher, Ms. Cole, she had this to say about the coming years in art, “We will make our way over the lockers. We’ll start working our way around the outside walls.”

Along the walls, above the lockers, there is still blank space to make murals. Therefore, there is still plenty of space for classes to leave their contribution. The first class to start on the walls, class of 2025, is already the freshmen class this year. It will be interesting to see what future classes will come up with. If this seems like something you would like to participate in, join the AP Art class by your senior year.

This is one of the most important traditions at Lanier. Every year, it demonstrates the accomplishments of the graduating class. It is a chance for students to display their growth as artists for the rest of the school and future classes. Art gives students a unique opportunity to create something that will stand the test of time.