LHS’ Barbara Pimentel t-shirt design talent

Barbara Oviedo Pimentel is an LHS senior who went to Maxwell for Animation during her junior year and first half of senior year. Her incredible graphic design talent has won her many competitions.
She describes one of her accomplishments by saying, “On Friday, October 8, the SkillsUSA Georgia Champions rally took place at the Georgia National Fair, where part of Maxwell High School of Technology went to represent the school wearing our shirts made by me. At the fair, there was a T-shirt competition where multiple schools were participating, and out of the top 10 finalists, my design was selected for first place,” said Pimentel.
Additionally, the HOSA Georgia Champions rally was held at the Georgia National Fair, and part of Maxwell High School of Technology went to represent the school wearing shirts created by Barbara Pimentel. At the fair, there was a T-shirt competition in which various schools competed, and her design was chosen first place out of the top ten finalists.
“On December 4, the FFC tournament with the support of State Farm took place in Lanier High School with almost 300 participants where the students of CDAT were volunteers, and to represent the school, I collaborated with them making a shirt design inspired in LEGO,” said Pimentel.
For the Life and Health Science Academy at Lanier, she designed a T-shirt inspired by recycling and the human skeleton with a longhorn in the middle. The next club she designed a T-shirt for was the Environmental Club. It was inspired by the different ecosystems, including sea, desert, and mountains and also included space and beautiful flowers, all surrounded by the longhorn mascot that represents Lanier HS.
On November 2, Barbara’s third design won second place at the SkillsUSA Fall Leadership Conference where the class representatives of Maxwell went to represent the school. At the conference, there was a brochure contest where multiple schools were participating, and out of the top three finalists, her design was selected for second place.
Pimentel enjoys designing, filming, and playing tennis. She is a member of several clubs at the school. In the film club, her class had the opportunity to participate in a competition. Her group created a video, which placed in the top ten of all schools.
“After I got the opportunity to show the world the talent that I have, people started appreciating my work and started contacting me to keep doing more designs, and…seeing people wear what I design makes me the [happiest] person in the world,” said Pimentel.
Pimentel’s work has attracted the interest of many teachers and others; her work has always been an inspiration to her; her creativity and imagination have always been valuable to her, and she thanks all of her teachers for their unconditional love and support throughout her high school years.