Vaping is overrated

wikimedia commons

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:E-Liquid_Electronic_Cigarette_Vaping_E-Cigarette_Veg_E-Liquid.jpg Hollynorth, CC BY-SA 4.0 , via Wikimedia Commons

Vaping inside the school has become more of an issue every single day. Causing fire alarms to go off, and disrupting multiple classes, teachers, and students from working and learning.
The school’s fire alarm went off two times last semester due to vaping, sending teachers into a hurried panic to not only students in class, but also the students in the commons eating lunch. In the heat of the moment, it can be confusing as to where you might need to go to get to a safe location, wondering whether they need to go back to their classrooms, leave with the adults in the commons, or just stay because of the possibility that it might not be a fire/real threat.
The school has a course of action in order to catch and redirect students who trigger the fire alarms. One of the first consequences of setting off a fire alarm is being temporarily suspended until the SRO officer figures out what should be done. The consequences are either getting suspended for the rest of the term/semester or being suspended for the rest of the school year.
Although, if you are a repeat offender, you might be subject to a tribunal, which is what they call being paneled or expelled now.
And not only are there school and countywide consequences but there are also serious health consequences that come along with vaping.
Vapes can expose your lungs to extremely toxic chemicals such as formaldehyde and acrolein as well as toxic metals like chromium, nickel, and lead, which in the long run can make you more prone to cancer. Some users may even experience nausea, headaches, vomiting, and dizziness.
Almost 31% of vape users start smoking cigarettes within six months of starting vaping and 10-15% of smokers develop lung cancer though most die from other smoking-related diseases.
Due to statistics and scientists alike, vaping has been proven not worth the risk. Regardless of whether you think it’s cool, or if all your friends are doing it, consider the long term effects that vaping might have on you before you take your first puff.