September Herd spotlight

Christian Escarment was recognized as the Herd’s September Spotlight

www.instagram.com/lanierherd/?hl=en

www.instagram.com/lanierherd/?hl=en

Each month, The Herd (Lanier’s most prominent student section) votes on one student to be recognized based on their leadership, school spirit, or community service efforts. This month’s winner was Senior, Christian Escarment.
Christian Escarment received the Herd Spotlight on September 1, 2021. He is known for his participation in many groups and programs throughout Lanier High School. Christian shows his leadership in Beta Club where he is currently Co-President, and in the National Honors Society where he is vice-president. Furthermore, Christian is a member of LSLT here at Lanier along with the Gwinnett Student Leadership Team (GSLT) at the county level. You may recognize Christian at the Friday night football games since he is a drum major for the marching band.
Christian is at the top of his band class and sets the standard. Mr. Tingle, the band teacher, believes that, “Christian’s drive and motivation is what strives to make his peers better in band and around the school. His energetic personality is what lights up the room and brightens everyone’s day. Christian’s work ethic that he puts in is what makes him very dependable.”
Music has played a big part in Christian’s life. Christian has been doing music and piano since he was a little kid. Initially, he wanted to play in the orchestra. “When I went to my instrument fitting I saw the clarinet, and my eyes lit up. Seeing that clarinet, I knew right then and there, that band was meant for me,” said Christian. Not only did Christian have an interest in band, but when he would attend football games with his friends, the marching band would always catch his eye. Rather than watching the game, he would observe the drum majors, and from that moment, he knew that is what he wanted to do. Growing up, Christian’s parents always taught him that leadership was the key to success, so once he got to high school and saw the opportunities that would allow him to grow as a leader and allow him to help his peers grow, he immediately involved himself. Christian truly helps uplift the Longhorns by being an active member in the community.